We all know chocolate and wine are a match made in heaven, but many of us are looking for a little more than just a simple piece of chocolate when we're unwinding with some wine. These walnut espresso brownies are the perfect way to relax after a long day, a stressful work week, or even just after a great dinner. Paired with our 2010 James Vincent Cabernet, this would be the perfect way to end your evening! The James Vincent is aged for 30 months in all French oak, giving it some hints of chocolate in the wine itself. This wine is available for purchase here, as well as our famous Cab Reserve which is available for purchase here!
What you'll need:
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray (or you can butter the pan, this way is just much more efficient and has less added calories/fat)
- Parchment paper
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional, but highly recommended
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit)
- Coat 8in x 8in baking pan with vegetable oil spray and line pan with parchment paper (leave some hanging over the sides). Spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray as well.
- Melt together the butter, espresso powder, and chocolate in a small saucepan (remember to stir occasionally).
- Beat the eggs and sugar together with a mixer on medium-high until the mix is light and fluffy. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add in the melted mixture from the saucepan, then add the flour and salt. Once it is mixed together, fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread batter in your prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once brownies are baked, let them cool completely in the pan. Once you're ready to remove them, hold both ends of the parchment paper and lift the cake out of the pan. Cut your cake in 16 pieces and enjoy!