Photo Credit: Frances Janisch
Tired of the same old poultry or red meat dinners? Look no further: try a nice grilled salt and pepper tuna steak for dinner tonight! This meal is easy to make and tastes like you're eating a five star restaurant! This dinner would pair amazingly with our famous Cabernet Sauvignon. While enjoying our cab, you might notice cherry, cassis, and plum as you swirl your glass around. The dark fruit is intermixed with smokey, toasty nuance and a hint of earth. The tannis are already approachable but very well balance. Our 2011 Cabernet Reserve is aged for 30 months in French, Hungarian, and American oak and is available for purchase here!
To prepare the tuna:
- Cut the tuna into 8 equal steaks.
- Combine the pepper and salt in a small bowl and pour onto a clean plate.
- Press each steak into the mix and coat evenly. Refrigerate until you're ready to grill.
To make the lemon caper butter:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add capers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes to heat through.
To grill the tuna:
- Add the tuna steaks to the grill and grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Personal tip: make sure you don't overcook the tuna, it's better that it looks slightly under cooked. I can assure you, it most likely is not!
- Drizzle with lemon caper butter. Top each plate of zucchini with a tuna steak.