Photo Credit hugsandcookiesxoxo.com
Pairing chardonnay is not as black and white as you may think: especially when it's as rich and buttery as our McGrail Family Chardonnay! This chicken marsala is surprisingly easy to make and absolutely delicious! People will be so impressed when you whip up this amazing plate, served with our chilled chardonnay. Add some asparagus and potatoes on the side and it will be a dinner that is just out of this world! Our chardonnay is available for purchase here!
What you'll need
- 1 package chicken cutlets, pounded thin
- olive oil
- 1 small package sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- heavy cream
- Heat about 3 tbsp olive oil in a skillet on medium-high
- Thoroughly cover chicken in cornstarch and sprinkle on both sides salt and pepper to taste
- Fry in pan on both sides to brown, then remove it from the pan
- Add mushrooms to the pan to brown, then increase the heat to high and add Marsala, butter, and chicken broth.
- Add 1 tbsp cornstarch and cook until liquid reduces by half
- Add 1-2 tbsp cream to taste and more salt and pepper if desired
- For added thickness of the sauce, add more cornstarch (I personally added another tablespoon)
- Return chicken to pan, let it simmer in sauce for a couple minutes to allow it to cook through.